By Edith Colmo
NEW committee chairmanships in the Capiz Sangguniang Panlalawigan were assigned during its inaugural session recently.
Here is the new chair of the committees:
• Jonathan Besa – appropriations, and rules committees
• Thea Faith Reyes – education and health committees
• Jose Pepe del Rosario – tourism, culture and arts; and environment and natural resources committees
• Hon. Elmer P. Arevalo – economic aff airs, trade, commerce and industry; and reorganization committees
• Cecilio Fecundo – agriculture and senior citizens committees Gilbert Ardivilla – cooperatives, peoples organization and non government organizations (NGO), and infrastructure
• Trina Marie Ignacio – social welfare, women and family; and laws and good governance committees
• Blesilda Almalbis – peace and order; and justice and human rights committees
• Nerissa Joy San Felix – labor, and ways and means committee
• Aldwin Cruz-Am – zoning, land and coastal use and housing; and transportation, communication and public utilities committees
• Catherine San Antonio- Philippines Councilors League Capiz chapter president
• Querubin Pamplona –
barangay affairs committee
• Renzo Teves – youth committee
The SP also approved the appointment of Arthur John Ike Binas as the provincial administrator in a unanimousdecision.
Gov. Fredenil Castro, who was the guest of honor during the inaugural session, said that
the SP is always part of the execution of the audit orders of the government.
The governor also assured the SP that the executive department will always respect them and their legislative power.
“We should work together for the benefit of the Capiznons.
We should work together because it is through you that the implementation of the programs of the provincial government is made through,” he added.
Meanwhile, during the oath-taking ceremony of Sapian Mayor Jose Villanueva which was administered by Castro, he announced the appointments of Maayon Mayor Raymond Malapajo as president of the League of Municipalities of the Philippines Capiz chapter, and Ivisan Vice Mayor RJ Yap as president of Vice Mayors League of the Philippines Capiz chapter.*