By Nycel Jane Dela
Broadcaster India Lavapiez or popularly known as “Mamang India” posted bail after a 5th warrant of arrest was issued against her.
The latest warrant issued by the Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 205 of Muntinlupa City last August 5, 2026 is in connection with three counts of unjust vexation in relation to the Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012.
With the issuance of the latest order, Lavapiez is now the subject of four warrants involving cyber-related offenses and one warrant in an estafa case, for a total of five separate warrants issued in succession.
In a press statement, Baskog Radyo said Lavapiez did no received any complaint, subpoena, or court notice before the warrant was issued for unjust vexation.
Lavapiez has previously figured in several legal battles including cyber libel complaints and an estafa case, some of which remain pending before different courts.
A cyber libel complaint previously filed in Muntinlupa was dismissed, while other cases continue to undergo judicial proceedings.
Her husband Jay Lavapiez also survived what was seen as attempted assassination last June 22 when he was on his way to the radio station.
The National Union of Journalists of the Philippines (NUJP) once again condemned the string of cases against the Lavapiez couple.
“The charges against Baskog Radyo are clearly meant to intimidate the broadcasters, exhaust their energy and resources, isolate them from their community, and distract them from their work as media practitioners,” the NUJP said in a statement.
The NUJP also urged the Commission on Human Rights (CHR) to investigate the incidents. (Photo from Mamang India’s Facebook account)





