Capiz through the years . . .
1920 –Suhot Cave in Brgy. Dolores, Dumalag town has become a mecca for excursionists, sightseers, and travelers as captured in a photograph sometimes this year. The cave’s arched entrance is a natural pool of crystal clear and cold water fed by a rock spring from within the cave. Its water is rich in sulfur that originates from Mt. Panginra-on. This spring serves as swimming pool. Suhot is a Hiligaynon term which means to go under in a narrow passage because of its numerous caves. Likewise, in Brgy. San Miguel of this town is located Lahab Cave which is the longest cave in Western Visayas with an approximately 3 kms. tunnel according to the survey and cave assessment conducted by the Western Visayas Cavers Association.
Dumalag town is also known to have a strange sight of tricycles with huge blue roofs looking like the back of a turtle. Known as Paniron tricycle, it can seat 13 people at the maximum and is used to traverse in on foul weather and mountainous terrain of Dumalag town. Paniron roof is measuring three by two meters. Paniron, in Dumalag local term, is loosely translated as “waiting shed”. A yellow sandstone of St. Martin of tours Parish Church of Dumalag town with five-storey belfry containing fi ve bells of diff erence sizes was completed in 1872. The town’s original name “Ayambong” was replaced with Dumalag in 1613.
References: Fact Sheets (Municipality of Dumalag)